1. Put your jeans in the freezer to make them smell less.
2. Dry hand-washed clothes with a salad spinner.
It’ll get excess water out of bras, cashmere, etc. in no time.
3. To stop angora from shedding, put the item in a ziplock bag and freeze it for at least three hours.
This also works for mohair.
4. If you get an oil stain your clothes, leave baby powder on it overnight.
5. Wash sneakers with baking soda, detergent and a toothbrush to liven them up.
6. Hang shirts quickly by sticking your hand through them one by one.
Then use your hand to thread the hanger through.
7. Wait five minutes before putting on clothes you’ve just ironed.
Let the press set or else you’ll risk making new winkles in it.
8. Avoid runs in tights by spraying hairspray on them.
9. And if you do get holes/runs, paint the edges of the rip with clear nail polish.
This will keep it from getting bigger.
10. Use stale bread crust to remove dirt from suede.
11. Stretch out tight shoes by placing a bag of water in each and leaving them in the freezer overnight.
12. Or to stretch them out you can also put on socks before you put on the shoes and blowdry them.
13. Avoid fading your dark wash jeans by adding distilled vinegar to the last washing cycle.
Just a 1/2 cup will do the trick.
14. Use a mixture of vinegar and cold water to scrub water stains off of leather.
15. Clean patent leather with Windex.
Not only will it help with scuff marks, but it will also restore some shine.
16. If you stain your clothes with red wine, use white wine to remove it.
Or club soda.
17. Spray shirts that tend to get sweat stains with lemon juice before you wash them.
Especially for gray shirts, that tend to get sweat marks and discoloration more easily.
18. Use shaving cream to remove makeup (foundation particularly) from shirt collars.
19. If you don’t have time (or the money) to get clothes hemmed, using a glue gun is a quick solution.
20. Break your leather jacket in by getting it wet.
Wearing it in the rain is the easiest solution.
21. Put the string of your hoodie back into the hood by threading it through a straw.
22. Or, attach a safety pin to the end as a guide.
23. See if jeans fit without trying them on by placing the waistline of the jeans around your neck.
According to Sarah Ahmed, Creative Director of DL1961 Premium Denim.
24. Here are a couple ways to get wrinkles out of your clothes without ironing.
According to Yumi Sakugawa.
25. Use pieces of moleskin to fix a protruding underwire.
H/t to Stylecaster’s Perrie Samotin.